Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year & a New Boutique

I hope everyone else had as good a Christmas and New Year as I did - lots of friends, family, food and fun, and of course, spending stacks of time with my husband and son. Completely in awe of anyone who blogged over the holiday period, as I was far too busy (lazy) reading books, drinking tea, chatting and generally swanning about!

Saying that, I wasn't completely inactive, and am happy to announce another stockist of the singlets - yey! I don't know about anyone else, but I am constantly amazed at how the universe looks after me, and would like to share this story...

I was spending the morning with a close friend near the beach at Merimbula, (Far South Coast NSW) however due to some very nasty weather, we were forced to leave. We decided on an early lunch, and chose to drive back into the town. As we were coming up to the intersection we were mortified to see that the main street was jammed, and the queue of cars going in to town stretched as far as we could see. After a few minutes of much dismayed huffing and cries of disbelief, we quickly changed lanes and decided to drive to the nearby village of Pambula. On our way up to look at one of the cafe menus, lo and behold, we chanced upon the brand new Eve Boutique full of goodies - are rare sight in those parts! After chatting with the lovely owner Libby, we were to discover that she had only been open ten days, and only decided to embark on this venture four weeks ago! Anyway, cutting a long story short, Libby has become my latest stockist, and is also interested in my friend's handmade jewellery.... it just seemed to me that everything that happened that day pointed us in the direction we needed to go....someone up there is looking after us.

Anyhoo, Libby will be sending me some pics of the shop when she has a chance, which I shall post along with some I'm planning to take of Milhouse Designs. In the meantime - hasn't she got a lovely sticker!

I posted a comment a while ago about an old foot operated Singer I picked up at a local junk market - isn't it a beauty? Still sitting in the shed waiting for some love unfortunately. New Year's resolutions for 2010 include:

1. More exercise (on top of list every year...)
2. Find a house to buy in Thirroul - gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous
3. Try not to come up with too many crazy schemes
4. Find some sort of musical or theatrical pursuit to become involved in
5. Go on more camping trips

There are many more, but I won't bore you... would love to hear other people's resolutions if you get a moment to post something...

Looking forward to another beautiful year.

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Singer, aren't you lucky to find that!! Just posting an Art Viva Knitting needle tube made from vintage Singer Sewing Machine advertisement from the 1950's off to Qld. I hope/ must inherit my mother's 1890's Singer Sewing machine, an original industrial from her mother-in-law. Happy sewing, love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh thanks - I wish I deserved it! It's unfortunately banished to the garage until we find a new house to buy :( but I do go and stroke it now and then!

    oh yes, I looove those knitting needle tubes. gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous.

    thanks for dropping by - if I manage to make it to a Mathildas Market in Canberra I'll drop in and say hello :) xo Sal

    ReplyDelete
  3. just have to say, i too stumbled upon Eve whilst in Pambula for the 2nd Sunday market in Jan. what a lovely little shop. i just googled it to see if they have a website and i got your blog!! lolol Ciao :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Cathie - that's great! I'll have to tell Libby, she'll be pleased because I'm pretty sure she's not planning to have an online presence in the short-medium term. She had only been open a couple of weeks when I saw her last, so can't wait to get down south again to see how it's all going for her :)

    Thanks so much for dropping by!
    xo Sal

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my - this is just too spooky. Have JUST posted on Eve boutique myself after a hol on the Sapphire coast, and talked about your babywear! and then I accidently stumbled across your blog, totally unrelated to any stumbling I was doing for my post - and here you are!

    Your wares look gorgeous in Libby's shop.

    Other spooky thing - that my dear friend Posie commented on this post!

    Satisfying to see gorgeousness all in the one place...

    Warmly,
    Tania

    http://taniamccartney.blogspot.com/2010/01/far-south-coast-of-new-south-wales-day_27.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Tania - I have to say your blog is quite dangerous! I went to have a look earlier and have been surfing around and enjoying all the different sections ever since!

    ReplyDelete

BlogCatalog

Craft Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory