Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Summer Rush

My big t-shirt shipment arrived late last week - beautiful organic cotton - so it has been dye central here for quite a few days now. And I'm wondering how some of my friends organise their time. I have only one 2 year old, but still don't manage to get anywhere near as much done as a certain dear friend of mine with two kiddies, a market stall, a drama school and more. In fact, I think she should do a little less just to make the rest of us feel at least slightly productive.

Some bibs and and little bucket hats also made their way into my possession, and I'm having fun dying them in the brighter colours I tend to use - personally I always dreamed of having a stack of darker coloured bibs when Mika was still using them, as they all tended to look like a swarm of insects had a come a cropper on them at great speed after about two uses. These sold like hotcakes at Bondi on the weekend, so maybe some other mums thought the same!


I spent an enormous amount of time cutting this new print this week. I did manage to trial a few different cutting methods, which was a lot of fun, but the finer lines are almost impossible to get just right sometimes - I almost never turn out a print that I'm expecting! Three days straight of markets this weekend and I am the walking dead today, which is why I'm typing and not printing!

And speaking of markets, Balmain was very quiet, but there are some beautiful art and crafts being sold there. If you have a chance to make it one Saturday, drop in and see some of the best handmade prints, children's clothing and jewellery at any market in Sydney.

2 comments:

  1. I do love that teapot and mushroom print, both! Marvellous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Aphie :) Those bibs are pretty cute I think, but I may be slightly biased!

    ReplyDelete

BlogCatalog

Craft Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory