Monday, November 30, 2009

A bit tardy

There's always a really good excuse for not having paid any attention to the blog for a while, but apart from the usual excuses about too much work and not enough time, I don't have anything spectacular to share... I suppose I could make something up?

Last weekend was another three day haul - Wollongong, Manly and Frenchs Forest markets. Sooo glad I finally tried out Manly market, as not only was it a great day, the vibe was lovely, the stallholders around me were charming and there was excellent coffee available close by! Will definitely be heading back to Manly regularly from now on.

Once again I'm down south at the in-laws enjoying a few days of respite and celebrating a few birthdays. This has also given me a chance to work on some new designs - watch this space for the prints over the coming couple of weeks! I was approached by a couple of local boutique owners who were interested in stocking my goodies last Friday, so will be interested to see how this pans out. I wasn't planning on stocking any retail outlets until next year, so this will be a great learning experience, and will give me some ideas about the sort of issues I may have to face if the wholesale line comes to fruition.

Anyway, ciao for now as I'm off to the Candelo markets to ruffle through the junk in search of treasure! Speaking of which, most recent acquisition from a wonderful country market was an old Singer sewing machine in the cabinet for... (sit down please ladies) $15! Can you believe it? I still have to touch it occasionally to check that it is indeed real.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BlogCatalog

Craft Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory