Saturday, March 6, 2010

Wren Handmade - Open for Business

After a hectic couple of weeks the shop opened on Wednesday with just enough stock thanks to the efforts of all the wonderful suppliers who have agreed to be a part of this new space – thanks everyone J All of the products are just as beautiful as I imagined, so now I just need to work on displaying them to their best advantage, and I suspect this will take time, trial and error. It’s been interesting trying to work in with the lime green and rusty orange walls, but so far I’ve had nothing but compliments, and I think they are even starting to grow on me…

It has been a lot of fun putting this all together, but due to the timeframe there’s still a few vital components missing, such as a sign for the front…yes, vital! On Thursday I had a visit from two lovely people from one of the local papers for a chat and a photo shoot, (aagghh, my hair!) but apart from that it’s time for me to get my head around the whole marketing business and start the word a-spreading!

The reaction so far has been really positive, and all the people working in the organics store are just a joy to be around, so I feel it’s all going to come together beautifully.

The last two and a half weeks have been quite a ride, and on top of trying to organise the shop opening we have all had a really awful flu, I started uni, had to go to a festival five and a half hours drive away, my husband’s work has been insanely busy and I can’t find my reading glasses anywhere! But somehow we have managed, mostly because my saintly mother in law came up for a week and a half to look after our little man while we rushed crazily around.

Official Opening

The official opening will be Saturday March 27th 2pm. Watch this space for further details!

Wren Creative Evenings

I’m also going to be running regular meetings for people who like to hang out, work on their latest crafty project and drink tea/whatever, so if you’re interested shoot me a message or email to salharris@live.com and I can add you to the mailing list. These evenings will be free and you don’t need to commit – just come along when you can J

That’s all for now, folks! More details to follow…

And thanks again to everyone who has made this venture possible - you know who you are.

Have a lovely weekend

xo Sal

10 comments:

  1. How exciting! I'm really pleased to have some of my items in your store (mel paton crochet). Best of luck!

    x Mel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Sal, wow. I'm so excited for you, and my disappointment at not being there to see it is not to be described :-( Best of luck my lovely friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mel, we're all loving your warmers - if only it weren't so hot at the moment! bring on winter I say :)

    Ally! you are here in spirit my friend... hope all is well in the northern hemisphere!

    xo Sal

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations Sal
    I am so pleased to have been able to be a part of your new venture and I love the name btw cant wait to hear more
    Narelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey thanks narelle :) so pleased to have you on board. what is it about Tassie and cool creative stuff? I think I'm going to have to get down for a visit one day...

    ReplyDelete
  7. it must be the Island air and seclusion .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! As a local crafty person this post has made me very excited, can't wait to see the new shop ...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Knitabulous, (sorry, it's so long ago I met you now, your name has slipped my memory!) hope to see you at the opening :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations~ So good to hear.
    http://www.ekpuk.com

    ReplyDelete

BlogCatalog

Craft Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory