Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Some new designs

Well this one's not completely new, but I wanted to post it nonetheless. My first experiment with a lino print, and a bit of a challenge to print on to fabric - particularly as I haven' t attached the lino to a block yet, so it's messy work! I've been making these in the larger sizes, (2-6) and they've been best sellers - everyone likes a bicycle maybe? It's been an inspiration to start work on some other lino prints anyway.

Anybody for a jaunt around the harbour or a spot of fishing? I was originally uninterested in developing images that had a "mechanical" rather than natural feel to them, but I have so many requests for boats and cars that I thought I'd give them a shot. That, and the fact that my two year old is now obsessed with anything that moves and makes noise I think provides ample justification...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sal, these are great new designs... great to see the productions in progress. would love to see some tractors and planes too?

    Our site is now up and running and would love your help in spreading the word on fitformum - stylish active wear for mothers to be! www.fitformum.com.au

    We may see you at the Manly markets on 20th Dec!
    cheers
    Rene

    ReplyDelete

BlogCatalog

Craft Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory